DO RECRUITERS LOOK AT YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES?
Firstly, is there a science to setting up your SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES?
Not really – but there are things a recruiter looks for, and you should definitely have those on your profiles.
Remember, recruiters use your social media profiles to gauge who you are as a person. To find out how to get found by recruiters easily, read our blog Jobseeker, Get found by recruiters!
Some quick facts:
92% of companies use Linkiedin, Facebook and/or Twitter for recruiting! For more stats, check out How to Dazzle Recruiters with your social media profiles.
Recruiters are using social media more and more, and based on your presence online, they are determining whether or not you will be a suitable future candidate.
Based on a recent study done by Reppler , where 300 recruiting professionals where asked about their social media recruiting techniques, this information was found:
- Manage your image carefully on social media
- Recruiters use social media to get a better understanding of who you are, rather than your experience and qualifications.
- Employers look at your social media profile before they look at your C.V (most of the time), and as they all say, first impressions are lasting.
- 69% of recruiters have rejected candidates based on their social media profiles.
Here are some of the reasons why they were rejected:
- Innapropriate photos
- Content of candidate drinking
- Posted negative comments about previous employer
- Demonstrated poor communication skills
- Made discriminatory comments
- Lied about their qualifications
- Posted innaproprate comments
Here are some reasons why other candidates where hired:
- Gave a positive impression of their personality
- Profile supported their professional qualifications
- Showed solid communication skills
- Showed candidate was creative
- Showed candidate received awards and great references
From the above information, you can already see how important it is to be mindful of how you present yourself on social media platforms.
Looking for a job?
Please visit our jobseeker page, and upload your C.V to our nationwide database! Should a potential job offer open, and you are considered, we will contact you!
Looking for staff?
Let our dedicated and hard working team of consultants find you the perfect candidate. Please visit our employer page and tell us what you are looking for!