An extensive network of regional offices empower us to operate with unmatched efficiency both nationally and internationally.
3rd Floor, Island Circle Block,
22 Island Circle,
Riverhorse Valley Business Estate,
Phone: 031 312 6453
permanent and temporary
Measured Ability South Africa
Blue collar temporary & permanent recruitment / labour broking / outsourcing
Independent Offshore Services
Blue & white collar permanent & temporary recruitment on the African continent
Care facilities, in home,
frail & hospital
The Leading HR and IR Services in Durban | MASA Outsourcing
Have you been searching Durban and the KwaZulu Natal province for HR and industrial relations agencies? Then MASA has the solution for you. We provide a full spectrum of services adapted to your company’s specific requirements.
We can help with all of your business needs, from handling payroll to advising on future plans. You can trust that you are in good hands with MASA because of our agency’s entrepreneurial approach and long-term vision, which has over forty years of experience in the industry.
Durban-Based HR and IR Services
Durban is a thriving metropolis that provides ample opportunities for companies of all sizes. Even with this, managing a company can be challenging. MASA serves this purpose by empowering human resources and industrial relations services to help your business thrive.
Our regional network spans Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, and beyond. This reach gives MASA a unique advantage over our competitors in the employment industry. By partnering with us, businesses in Durban can rest assured that they are receiving the best possible HR and IR services.
Reach out to MASA for a consultation so we can analyse your needs and develop the optimal human resources and industrial relations solutions for your organisation.
What distinguishes human resources from industrial relations?
Human resources (HR) is a company’s department responsible for all things related to employees, from recruiting and hiring to training and onboarding programs.
Industrial relations (IR) deals with the relationship between employees and management and negotiating wages and working conditions.
While HR and IR are essential for businesses, they often have different goals. HR is typically focused on individual employees and their needs, while IR is focused on the collective bargaining process and ensuring that employees are treated fairly.
If you need help determining which department to approach for your specific issue, feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help you figure it out.
Analysing Human Resources
Human resource management is concerned with controlling the organisation’s people. Everything from finding and hiring new staff to provide ongoing education and maintaining positive relationships with workers falls under this category.
You can also see our HR Solutions for the locations below:
An Overview of HR Services
The human resources department ensures that an organisation’s employees are happy and productive. To do this, they often provide a wide range of services, such as:
- Screening and hiring
- Training and onboarding
- Employee relations
- Compensation and benefits
- Health and Safety
Human resources services are essential for any company, no matter how big or small.
What separates our HR Solutions from the rest?
The in-depth knowledge, combined with our specialist team of HR experts, means MASA can provide the best human resources solutions for companies in Durban. We offer HR services for startups and entrepreneurs, giving them the essential support they need to kick off their company in the right direction.
Larger enterprises can also benefit from MASA’s human resources solutions. With the changing economy and the pace of life increasing daily, even established business owners have to invest time and resources into their HR departments.
Solutions you can rely on
Working with MASA, you can be sure you’ll get the best service possible. Companies of all sizes in Durban rely on us, from the largest multinationals to the smallest startups. We have the know-how and resources to help businesses of any size and in any field realise their full potential.
Dedicated to excellence
At MASA, we are committed to providing quality services that exceed our client’s expectations. With 12,000 unique monthly payroll transactions under our belt, we have the experience and knowledge to handle any HR-related task, big or small.
Every business is unique. We develop a tailored strategy based on market-leading HR/IR experts and the most outstanding talent to produce the best results, regardless.
Here at MASA, we strive to go above and beyond for every one of our clients. We have processed 12,000 different payroll transactions every month so that we can handle any HR-related task, regardless of size or complexity.
Adding more value
As a business, your main goal is to gain a return on investment, even when it comes to something as critical as human resources. We deliver human resources services that are not only effective but also efficient in driving measurable results for you.
Why Partner with an HR Specialist?
Human resource outsourcing is a popular choice for many companies. Some of the core advantages of partnering with a human resources specialist include the following:
- Businesses can save both time and money by outsourcing their human resources needs.
- You won’t have to allocate resources to recruit, develop, and manage human resources personnel.
- Incorporating the services of a specialised HR firm like MASA ensures you have access to the highest level of knowledge and advice in the field.
- Outsourcing your human resources department can help your company run smoothly and seamlessly.
- Companies will gain more spare time for essential things, like expanding the business.
Industrial Relations: What are they?
Industrial relations refer to the relationship between employers and employees. This includes wages, working hours, job satisfaction, and external factors such as labour unions. Industrial relations can be positive or negative, depending on how well the two parties can communicate and work together.
Positive industrial relations typically result in better working conditions and higher productivity levels. Hostile industrial ties can lead to strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes.
You can also see our IR Solutions for the locations below.
The Features of Industrial Relations Services
At MASA, we provide a range of services related to industrial relations, including but not limited to the following:
- Collective bargaining management
- Trade union liaison
- Managing strikes
- Discipline action
- CCMA representation
We will handle all your industrial relations needs so that you can devote time and energy to running your business and enhancing your customer service.
MASA IRSolutions: The Most Effective in Durban
MASA takes great pride in being Durban’s first choice for all industrial and labour relations needs. Our unique and highly beneficial industrial relations solutions for businesses in Durban and beyond are made possible by combining our industry knowledge with our familiarity with the local business environment.
Here are a few more reasons why we are the best:
- Our staff of industrial relations experts is among the most knowledgeable and accomplished in the field.
- We employ cutting-edge strategies and best practices to provide our IR services
- We have an established record of achievement in Durban’s business community as managers of industrial relations
- We strive to excel in all aspects of client service to ensure our client’s satisfaction
The Advantages of Outsourcing Industrial Relations in Durban
There are multiple advantages that companies in Durban can leverage by outsourcing their industrial and labour relations to a reputable agency like MASA:
- Outsourcing industrial relations allows businesses to save both time and money.
- Outsourcing can help companies to increase their productivity and efficiency.
- Outsourcing industrial relations will enable businesses to concentrate on what they do best while we handle the rest.
- With the right outsourcing strategy, companies can lessen the potential downsides of handling labour relations internally.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further inquiries about MASA’s Durban-based human resource and industrial relations services. We’re happy to respond to any queries you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions (HR)
What are the most effective methods of HR management?
Human resource management approaches developed in response to your company’s unique circumstances in Durban will yield the best results. The Durban-based MASA HR Division takes the time to get to know your company and its goals to craft a unique plan to help you reach them.
What are the primary functions and tasks of human resources?
Human resources’ primary duty is to place qualified workers in open positions within an organisation. These processes cover everything from finding and hiring new staff in Durban to providing ongoing training and support, fostering positive workplace relationships, and providing competitive pay and benefits.
Furthermore, HR is accountable for ensuring that the business abides by all applicable employment regulations and laws.
What are the core parts of an HR strategy?
A human resources strategy should encompass the following parts:
- A clear description of the company’s overall strategy
- The company’s human resources objectives
- A description of the company’s current human resources situation
- An analysis of the company’s internal and external environment
- A description of the company’s desired future state
- A plan of action to achieve the company’s desired future state
How can organisations optimise HR?
Optimising and improving human resources in an organisation can include the following:
- Improving communication between HR and employees
- Improving the recruitment and selection process
- Improving training and development programmes
- Improving employee relations
- Improving compensation and benefits programmes
Frequently Asked Questions (IR)
What are the primary functions and tasks of IR?
The primary tasks and functions of industrial and labour relations include mediating disputes between employers and their employees and handling external factors such as labour unions and collective bargaining.
What are the two types of industrial relations?
The two types of industrial relations are:
- Collective bargaining, which occurs when a group of employees comes to an agreement with their employer on issues such as pay, working conditions, and other working conditions.
- Individual bargaining is where each worker represents themselves in negotiations with their employers.
Who are the key figures in IR?
There are three important figures in industrial relations: the employers, employees and trade unions.
How can organisations optimise their industrial relations?
There are several ways that organisations can optimise and drive better industrial relations, such as:
- Refining Interactions between stakeholders
- Raising the bar on openness and transparency
- Focusing on building a happier and healthier workplace
- Creating an atmosphere where workers and management can work together more effectively
- Facilitating workshops and engagements to educate employees about industrial relations
Organisations in Durban that leverage specialised human resources and industrial relations can achieve sustainable growth, investment, and prosperity for employees, business owners, and other stakeholders.
Contact MASA today to implement the HR and IR solutions to take your organisation to the next level.