Research: Conduct intensive research about any company in which you have an interest before attending an interview.
- Get some basic knowledge about the industry and learn their trends.
- Read customer feedback about its products, and learn about its strengths and weaknesses.
- Read past press coverage. – Learn about its products and/or services.
Editing: Have your resume and cover letters triple-checked, and then check it again. Nothing is more unprofessional than a misspelt word, or a grammatical error on your application.
Rehearse: Before an interview, think about what you are going to say.
- Grab a friend and have him/her play the role of the interviewer.
- Rehearse and practice your answers.
Dress: Always dress to impress! You always want to look, at least, 10% better than the person who is interviewing you, regardless of the position for which you are applying.
Post Interview Follow-up: Always send a thank you email, or letter, after an interview. With a little bit of preparation and follow-up, you will be better off than the 15% of your competition!