Paperless Payroll: What Every Employer Needs to Know
When it comes to payroll, many organisations rely on outdated paper-based systems. However, there is a growing trend toward paperless payroll as employers move to take advantage of this system’s many benefits.
This blog defines paperless payroll and explains why more companies are moving in this direction. We will also look at the pros and cons of going paperless and introduce the concept of payroll specialists – professionals who can help your business transition to a paperless payroll system with ease.
Gaining expert help from a digitally-savvy team of payroll specialists would most probably make your life easier, right? The MASA has over 12,000 monthly payroll transactions under its belt and is ready to streamline your payroll process. Contact MASA now to learn more about the future of your payroll services.
What is paperless payroll?
So, what is paperless payroll? Paperless payroll is a system where employee pay is processed and disbursed electronically without using physical paper documents. This digital-based payroll process can be done via direct deposit into employee bank accounts or a prepaid debit card.
Employees can easily access their payment-related information online and receive paychecks via direct deposit. Using an online portal system, employees can retrieve the following information using a computer, tablet or mobile device:
- Virtual timesheets
- Pay stubs
- Payroll reports
- Vacation accruals
- Time off records
- Benefit deductions
Essentially, this type of payroll system allows your team to manage their finances in a more efficient and convenient way.
Why are companies going paperless?
There are several reasons why companies are making the switch to paperless payroll. Let’s explore them below:
- Reduced paper waste and costs: There is no need to print pay stubs or W-2 forms with paperless payroll. This can save your company a significant amount of money on paper and printing costs.
- Increased security: Paperless payroll systems are much more secure than traditional paper-based systems. Direct deposit into employee bank accounts eliminates the risk of lost or stolen paychecks. And because all employee information is stored electronically, there is less risk of fraud or identity theft.
- Greater convenience: With paperless payroll, employees can access their pay stubs and W-2 forms online, anytime, anywhere. This is a great convenience for employees who are often on the go.
- Improved accuracy: Paperless payroll systems are less likely to experience errors, as all information is entered into the system electronically. This can save your company time and money in the long run.
- Environmentally friendly: An obvious benefit is that paperless payroll is more environmentally friendly than traditional paper-based systems. This is because there is no need to use paper or print documents.
What are the pros and cons of paperless payroll?
Now that we’ve looked reasons companies are making the switch to paperless payroll, let’s explore some of the pros and cons of this system.
- Reduced paper waste and costs
- Increased security
- Greater convenience
- Improved accuracy
- Environmentally friendly
- Upfront investment: Implementing a paperless payroll system can be costly, as it requires an investment in technology and infrastructure.
- Not all employees may have access to a computer or mobile device: For paperless payroll to be successful, all employees must have access to a computer or mobile device. This may not be possible in some cases.
- Lack of personal interaction: Some employees may prefer the personal exchange that comes with traditional paper-based payroll systems. With paperless payroll, all communication is done electronically, which some employees can see as a downside.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons to paperless payroll. It’s crucial to weigh all of these factors before deciding for your company. By understanding your unique business needs and the needs of your employees, you can make the best decision for your company.
What are payroll specialists?
If you’re considering making the switch to paperless payroll, you may consider partnering with a payroll specialist. Payroll specialists are experts in all things payroll and can help you manage your payroll process in the most efficient and effective way possible.
They can help you choose the right payroll system for your company and work with you to ensure a smooth transition. They can also provide ongoing support and guidance to ensure that your payroll process runs smoothly.
Partnering with a payroll specialist can significantly boost companies looking to optimise their payroll process. If you’re considering switching to paperless payroll, reach out to a payroll specialist like MASA to learn more.
Improving your payroll with MASA
Measured Ability (MASA) is a trusted staffing solutions provider and labour broker with over 40 years of experience in the employment industry. By partnering with MASA, your company can leverage highly efficient, accurate and empowering payroll services.
MASA’s payroll services are tailored to meet your company’s unique needs, and our team of experts will work with you to ensure a smooth transition. We also offer ongoing support to ensure that your payroll process runs smoothly.
If you’re looking for a trusted partner to help you optimise your payroll process, reach out to MASA today. We’ll be happy to answer any of your questions and help you get started.
You can also check out our recent blog post to learn more about The Power of Technology in Modern Payroll Services.